Are you the technician others call when they are stuck? Do you get excited when teaching your knowledge of appliances to other technicians? Do you enjoy helping others and teaching your craft? Would you like to have a part in improving the home life of families in your community?
If so, we are looking for you! Mr. Appliance of Northern Colorado and Boulder County is looking for a Service Manager. Apply today!
If you value working with people you actually like, having fun while you work, and protecting your free time, this is the place for you. You’ll enjoy working with our team. Oh, and did we mention no nights or weekends!
We’ll also give you the ongoing training that you’ll need.
Your Responsibilities as Service Manager
As a Service Manager, you are a key component in providing excellent customer service to our customers and our team of Appliance Repair Technicians.
Here are your primary responsibilities:
· Train Appliance Repair Technicians to properly diagnose and repair home appliances, and develop and implement training procedures.
· Lead a team of Appliance Repair Technicians to achieve weekly and monthly goals, monitoring KPIs for each member, including monthly ride-alongs with each technician.
· Serve as a resource and technical support for the team.
· Effectively communicate with the office.
· Maintain proper inventory levels by using Smartware suggestion tool and conducting van inventories and quarterly individual coaching sessions.
· Schedule vehicle maintenance and ensure the best use of company resources.
To Succeed in this Role as Service Manager, Here’s What You Need:
Exceptional Customer Service: In this role, you are the face of the company. You will model World Class customer service for the rest of the Mr. Appliance team to follow. You are there to solve appliance problems so the customer can get back to running an efficient household.
Getting from Diagnosis to Solution: You aren’t just there to explain what’s wrong - you also need to help the customer understand what needs to be done so that you can resolve their issues quickly.
Quality of Work: This role requires critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve and lead a team. This ensures that our customers are satisfied, and the job gets fixed correctly, the first time.
Efficiency: In order to respond to all of our customer’s needs for the day, you’ll need to be efficient with your time and the speed at which you can respond to the needs of both the customer and the Mr. Appliance team.
Punctuality and Reliability: Our customers are anxiously waiting for your help! To deliver a great experience for customers and team members, you need to be available and show up on time.
Pride in the Details: If you keep your work life organized, and value attention to detail in completing customer information and reports, you’ll fit right in.
Thirst for Knowledge: New appliances and features come out all the time, so there is a need for regular training. You aren’t afraid to research new equipment and take advantage of training opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills.
Desire to Share Knowledge and Skills: This role requires someone who truly enjoys teaching other technicians all of the skills listed above.
The following are the minimum requirements to be considered for the Service Manager position.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Previous experience of four years or more in appliance repair or similar field. This must include sealed system experience for both troubleshooting and repair, as well as in depth electrical knowledge. The applicant would also need a minimum of 2 years of experience in a previous management position.
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $50,000 to $100,000, depending on your experience in appliance repair and management. You also will have the opportunity to earn bonuses and commissions. We reward hard work with generous bonuses and incentive pay.
What we have to offer:
· No nights or weekends: We value having a solid work-life balance. We work to make a living, without being overworked.
· Paid Training: We will train you and help move your career forward.
· Company-Provided Perks: We provide you with a company vehicle and iPad. Health, Dental, and Vision benefits are offered after 90 days of employment.
· PTO: paid time off-3 personal days per year, 6 paid major holidays off, and vacation time accrued monthly, 5 days in year 1, 10 days in years 2-5, and 15 days over 5 years.
· Fun Team Environment: We stand by our culture and build our team with people that love what they do.
If you enjoy taking care of the customer, are awesome at troubleshooting, love working with a team, and love sharing that knowledge with other technicians, a career at Mr. Appliance of Northern Colorado and Boulder County as Service Manager could be your future!