We know that you're a problem solver and love fixing things. We want you to join our team at Mr. Appliance® as an Appliance Technician. Our international franchise network has over 300 locations, and we're looking for qualified professionals like you to fill our immediate opening.
As an Appliance Technician, you'll play a key role in maintaining and repairing appliances and equipment for our customers. You'll also have the opportunity to develop new business by identifying sales opportunities. We believe in treating our customers and employees with respect and integrity while having fun in the process.
If you're self-motivated, skilled at troubleshooting, and able to manage your time to meet deadlines, this position is perfect for you. You should also have excellent communication skills with customers, supervisors, and coworkers.
- Accurately diagnose and repair appliances/equipment in the customer's home
- Provide cost estimates for repairs/installations and collect payment and/or payment information from customers for work performed
- Ensure the efficient use of materials and keep company vehicles and equipment properly serviced
- Complete invoices, daily route sheets, and weekly reports as required
- Perform other duties as needed which may include cross-training in related positions
- Bonus: Sealed systems qualified
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License with a good record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Proficiency to navigate tablet-based technology
- The ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis, and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis without assistance and the physical ability to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances
- Flexible and variable hours (no weekends)
- Ability to pass drug tests and background checks
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move to 50 pounds.
Benefits: Paid vacation, paid holidays, benefits packages are available, and performance-based commission potential.
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow up!
Ideal Base Location: Bloomington, IN or Columbus, IN