Appliance Repair Technician - Relocation Assistance Available!
Do you get excited when figuring out how things work? Do you love the challenge of troubleshooting something that’s broken? Would you like to have a part in improving the home life of families in your community?
If so, we are looking for you! Mr. Appliance is looking for an Appliance Repair Technician.
Apply today! If you value working with people you actually like, having fun while you work, and protecting your free time, this is the place for you. You’ll enjoy working with our team. Oh, and did we mention no nights or weekends!
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $21.00 to $40.00 per hour or more in combined hourly wage and production-based incentives, depending on your experience and productivity.
- No nights or weekends: We value having a solid work-life balance. We work to make a living, without being overworked.
- Relocation Assistance: We can help with moving expenses if you are an experience technician coming from out of the area.
- Paid Training: We will help you continue your training and continue to build your career.
- Bonus & Incentives: We reward hard work with generous bonuses and incentive pay.
- Signing Bonus: A signing bonus is available for experience sealed system technicians.
- Company-Provided Perks: We provide you with a company vehicle, phone, and iPad.
- Benefits: Health insurance reimbursement is available.
- PTO: Paid time off after the first year, flexibility to help you meet your life obligations at all times.
- Fun Team Environment: We stand by our culture and build our team with people that love what they do.
Appliance Repair Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Previous experience of 2+ years in full-time appliance repair or HVAC repair background is required.
Appliance Repair Technician Responsibilities:
As an Appliance Repair Technician, you are the key component in providing excellent customer service by providing high-quality maintenance services for our customer’s appliances.
- Diagnose and repair home appliances by troubleshooting, providing cost estimates, communicating with the customer, and collecting payments.
- Provide first-class customer service to our clients, using Mr Appliance’s Front Line Service steps
- Share your knowledge with other team members and collaborate to solve problems when needed.
- Effectively communicate with the office.
To Succeed in this Role as an Appliance Repair Technician, here’s what you need:
- Exceptional Customer Service: In this role, you are the face of the company. You get to show off your ability to deliver a great customer experience, showing empathy toward the customer. You are there to accurately diagnose and solve their problem so they can get back to running an efficient household.
- Getting from Diagnosis to Solution: You aren’t just there to explain what’s wrong - you also need to help the customer understand what needs to be done so that you can resolve their issues quickly.
- Quality of Work: This role requires critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve. This ensures that our customers are satisfied, and the job gets fixed correctly, the first time.
- Efficiency: In order to respond to all of our customer’s needs for the day, you’ll need to be efficient with your time and the speed at which you can complete repairs.
- Punctuality and Reliability: Our customers are anxiously waiting for your help! To deliver a great experience, you need to be available and show up on time.
- Pride in the Details: If you keep your work vehicle clean and organized, and value attention to detail in completing customer information and reports, you’ll fit right in.
- Thirst for Knowledge: New appliances and features come out all the time, so there is a need for regular training. You aren’t afraid to research new equipment and take advantage of online and in-person training opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills.
If you enjoy taking care of the customer, are awesome at troubleshooting, love working with your hands, and value continuous learning, a career at Mr. Appliance as an Appliance Repair Technician could be your future!